Boredom is not an option.
I have two goals for the summer: don’t let boredom set in and live my best life. To do that, though, I gotta hold myself accountable. What better way to do so than with a published list I can refer back to? Without further ado, here’s my Summer To-Do List, 2017 Edition.
- The beach!
- Playland…because I’m a helpless nostalgic, and the last time I went to Playland I was watching a bunch of tween campers, and I’d really like to re-do that last memory…
- Finish editing the first draft of my novel and get started on the second draft.
- All the photo shoots ever…everywhere! Knowing me, this’ll probs be me with a bunch of trees.
- Possibly get at least one more tattoo! Yay!
- Read more books, of course! My summer goal is to read 12 books before I head back to Purchase for RA training.
- Work on the drafts of my original plays, and complete the performance script for my senior project.
- Start my Senior Project research paper…because graduating would be nice.
- Go see art shows, especially ones done by people of color.
- Maybe see a comedy show or two — I saw one during Culture Shock by the Improv group at my school and it sparked a new interest!
- I bought a beautiful ukulele and named her Marbaline Veronica (Marby V. for short), and I plan on learning how to play her and at least two songs.
- Go to a bunch of free and inexpensive festivals, especially the cultural ones! Afro-Latina Festival NYC (July 8th), The Greatest Day Ever, Curl Fest, and NYC Caribbean Food Fest (all July 15th) come to mind.
- I’m going to Coney Island because I, a native New Yorker and daughter of a Brooklynite, have never been in my memory (my mom says she took me once when she was pregnant with my brother, but I was like three and have no memory of that, so yeah).
- Explore the realm of new podcasts. I did some research and found three already (Another Round, Black Girls Talking, & 2 Brown Girls).
- Try some new foods and explore more of the vegetarian options in foods from other cultures.
- I’ll definitely be seeing some shows — I already have tickest to Venus at the Signature Theatre, Bella: An American Story at Playwrights Horizons, and Pipeline at the Lincoln Center Theatre. Here’s to more art!
- Watch more shows on Netflix and Hulu (look out for a blog article about this in the near future)!
- Start vlogging again, like I did the summer of 2015!
- Go to more museums (The Bronx Museum of the Arts, El Museo del Bario…), and this also includes doing the Museum Mile Festival on June 13th.
- Check out Avocaderia in Brooklyn! Yum!
- And above all, have fun and make a lot of memories!
I will probably be adding to this list as the summer continues, so check back for more updates!
What’s on your Summer To-Do List for 2017? Let me know in the comments section below!
Check back in 2 weeks for another article!